Lisa is off to bed, but sends her love to her family back at home and will sit down to type if Kate ever surrenders the computer. :)
Since we have started classes, Lisa and I have had far less time to compose our thoughts and our blog entries. Tonight will be brief as I have homework waiting for me and must be up early (although, not HMS early) for class tomorrow.
Today's random observations:
--80's song of the day: Journey, Anyway You Want It
Note: Dad, the Queen on pan-pipes was sold out. I guess you'll have to wait for iTunes. ;)
--We, or rather, Lisa has seen only one cat in our entire time in the country.
--Some effects of high altitude that we have experienced: headaches, joint pain, light-headedness, and tingling (as in when your foot falls asleep) in various places on our faces.
--Greatest altitude reached without the help of a plane: roughly 11,000 ft above sea level.
Note: when Kate and Jeremy went skydiving, our plane took us up 10,000 ft.
--Even though it is winter, because of our altitude and the thinness of the ozone layer here, the sun is very powerful. After only a half-hour or so I burnt the part in my hair. Lesson learned; today I wore a hat.
I can't remember if I mentioned, but we met some local Deaf people yesterday. We even videoed some of their signing. The educational opportunities (ha!) for the Deaf outside of Lima are horrible! And if you haven't read about the education available for the regular hearing kids (it's been in the news due to all the protests), it's FAR worse. I keep saying, "more on that later" but we only have so much computer time. If anyone reads a point they'd like us to expand upon, just comment or send an email. I hope that we are able to meet up again with Jack and Judith so that I can ask them their opinions (perhaps on video) of what they have seen here in Peru. They have a Deaf collegue who we saw briefly at the airport, but it appears she is the exception rather than the rule in this country.
Tomorrow is the last day of Spanish lessons and they have been going well, but the loss of two days has made quite an impact. Also I must admit having Ariel here makes a difference as her Spanish is many levels above ours and we will most likely take advantage of her if things get really difficult.
I'm sure there is much more we should be writing about, but I can't think of anything right now so that's all folks!
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
25 comments:
Hello from Boston, Having a grand time reading about your adventures. Guess it takes a trip to peru to get me back communicating. Sounds like the trip of a lifetime. Enjoy and know I am thinking of you all. Lynda
Kate,
Happy Birthday! Seems like you enjoy celebrating them overseas! Enjoy the day and I look forward to seeing you when you return.
Love Dad
hi kate and lisa from bp! what a surprise to bump into you 2 at the airport (and kate-- you for the 2nd time in a 1/2 year!!) interesting that you two are 9th pair i know who have been to peru recently. you 2 are SO cutting edge! (smile). im thrilled that i FINALLY discovered your blogspot (sharon clark helped with this) and i'm SO enjoying catching up with your thoughts and impressions of this exciting adventure. be well. be safe. enjoy! with warm regards, bp
(BP´s message was posted twice. I removed the redundant copy. I didn´t know it would be replaced by a "removed" note! Blogger is lame. :} -gh)
cheap viagra cheap female viagra online - cheap viagra brand
viagra online without prescription order viagra online illegal - buy viagra online boots
buy soma buy soma pills online - discount soma intimates
buy soma what drug class is soma - soma bras san francisco
soma 350 mg online ambien plus soma pharmacy - soma bras embraceable
buy cialis online order cialis in us - how to buy cialis online
alprazolam drug alprazolam 1a pharma 0 5mg - xanax side effects 1 mg
order tramadol online buy tramadol with cod delivery - tramadol for opiate addiction
cialis online superdrug cialis price - cialis lilly
buy cialis online cialis online pharmacy reviews - cialis online buy
learn how to buy tramdadol tramadol 75 mg - buy tramadol online in the usa
http://landvoicelearning.com/#57594 buy tramadol cheap online no prescription - tramadol for dogs whining
http://buytramadolonlinecool.com/#30694 tramadol withdrawal nhs - tramadol to get high
klonopin for anxiety klonopin withdrawal + duration symptoms - klonopin withdrawal restless legs
order tramadol no prescription tramadol 50mg pill - what is tramadol 50mg side effects
buy klonopin online klonopin clonazepam recreational use - klonopin withdrawal from 1 mg
buy klonopin online generic clonazepam manufacturers - klonopin withdrawal duration
learn how to buy tramdadol do people buy tramadol - buy tramadol without prescriptions
buy tramadol online cheap-tramadols - buy tramadol cod overnight delivery
klonopin for sale generic drug for klonopin - klonopin dosage high
Post a Comment