You may recall the news of riots in Peru airports [BBC News] from a couple days ago. Well, the riots have spread to other airports including Cuzco (though the news has not yet made it back to the US, it seems. Wow, I got the scoop!). Don't worry, Kate and Lisa are safe, albeit back in Lima.
Anyway, 15 minutes from landing in Cuzco, riots broke out in the Cuzco airport and the plane was sent back to Lima. Kate and Lisa will be spending the night back in the hotel at which they spent last night. They made friends with a Deaf couple from... details are fuzzy... California, I think? Anyway, they will be calling family and posting shortly, but they asked me to post in the meantime. If I hear more I will post, but in the meantime, don't worry - they're safe!
Jeremy
2 comments:
I'm so glad you girls are safe. BBC pictures show very unhappy people.What a small world it that you should have met people w/ HMS connections.This is my first experience w/blogging and I'm enjoying it! I'm having a vicarios trip to Peru.
Love Kate's mom Ellen
It's the intrepid travelers! We are once again back at the computer we visited last night to add to our posts. It feels good to be home! ;)
We are scheduled to stay at our hotel (see past posts for the link to the San Antonio Abad hotel) for tonight and we are hoping tomorrow, but at this point they are booked solid. Either way they have committed to finding us a room here or elsewhere for tomorrow night. Needless to say, we are grateful and will definitely write to them to tell them how much we appreciate their repeated trips to the airport on our behalf!
That's all for now as we haven't eaten since the little snack on the plane and I (Kate) for one wouldn't mind tasting the national drink, the pisco sour after our little adventure.
We'll be back later to post more of our adventure today. Until then, ¡ciao!
Post a Comment