As I sit down to type this Gary has been typing away for nearly a half an hour at another computer across the room. Hopefully I won't repeat what he is already typing. Before descriptions of Machu Picchu, I'll do a few more random updates:
1st: Thank you to all who sent me kind birthday wishes on Thursday. I had an exhilarating birthday and was suprised to receive a yummy cake, topped with chocolate icing, made right in our food tent along the trek! I also received Fluxx, in Spanish, from Jeremy and a wonderful llama, who will become my new classroom mascot from Ariel, Lisa, and Gary.
2nd: For those of you following the 80's song update, here are a few more we've heard along the way. Total Eclipse of the Heart, en EspaƱol. My favorite thus far has been "Tarzan Boy," which some people might remember as the Listerine commercial a few years ago. The pan pipes muzak this morning included selections from Les Mis, "Daniel," "Feelings," and "Stop in the Name of Love."
Lares trek: Not knowing what Gary and Lisa are currently posting, I'll try and add a few comments of my own and post a full update after Gary is done.
Our fearless jefe, Cynthia, told us that she had only seen snow once in her life when we met Wednesday night before the trek. Snow sighting two happened on our van trip to the beginning of the trek! Needless to say, I had never before experienced snow on my birthday.
We also met some Londoners as we set out, some of whom are moving to Boston to attend MIT this fall. I gave them my card in case they ever wanted to find some decent pizza in Suffolk county.
Oops... Gary just called to see if we can import some pictures. We've had innumerable obstacles hit us when we tried to do this in the past. Hopefully this time we will have success!
Adios for now!
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment