Friday, July 20, 2007

Of Spaghetti and San Antonio

Kate here. Last night I stated that those reading the blog should really take time to read the comments. To eat up more of your time, I should also say that it's worthwhile to go back and see new comments added. Apparently some of our more faithful readers (read all the puns you want into that) have really latched onto the conversation we had with Claire regarding the teaching of evolution. What has evolution to do with spaghetti? Read through some of the comments and you too can be in on this discussion! Besides, what else is there to read during the final hours before HP #7 arrives on the shelves?
San Antonio now... not the city, but our lovely hotel. They've managed to arrange for us to stay in our room another night! THANK GOODNESS! It's really starting to feel like a home base for us. High recommendations to anyone traveling to Lima. The neighborhood is safe and easily walkable. The rooms clean and comfortable. The staff incredibly helpful. What more can we say?
Today we're off for a day trip to see some ruins, or maybe mummies, or perhaps both. But it's time to escape the city for a while. Our attempt to leave by plane yesterday thwarted, we will stick to more conventional means (bus) today and see where that gets us.
I just occurred to me that perhaps when we arrive in Cuzco we will have similar problems in being unable to post pictures. If that's the case we may go to one of the multiple photo shops I've seen and get a few put on disk. No promises, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa is typing an entry about our adventures today. I'm not sure what it will include, so I'll be brief here. We're off to Cuzco tomorrow and our flight got bumped up from 3 to 1:30ish. Our goal was to make it out to a yarn shop so that we could make our own alpaca scarves (or hats or fingerless mittens). It's been quite chilly here and we just can't bring ourselves to pay for stuff that we could make quite easily. We may still be able to make it, but our schedule is much more constrained now with the new flight time.
Lisa just told me she's focusing on our visit to Pachacamac, so this is a reminder to myself (and to you) that we need to write about LarcoMar, Barranco, and the exploding crab claws at dinner.
I also have to note that I saw a Harry Potter party tonight at a book store and am longing for the book, which Jeremy is kindly picking up for me on his sojourn to DC. THANK YOU JEREMY!