So Kate's not feeling so hot. Sat the day out when Lisa, Gary, and Ariel went off to an Island, I believe. In the meantime, I am finally getting around to posting more of their pics, and it sounds like you really enjoyed the first one. So here you go... Just a smattering (you'd think Google would make it easy to post pics on Blogger! Sheesh!):
-Not sure... I think the fast group climbed an outcropping left of the trail that I skipped, if this was shot from there it´s looking forward toward the highest point of the trail.-

-At the pass, looking slightly left of the continuing trail.
Note the similarity to Crawford Notch in NH seen from the top of Mt. Willard. But the "hills" defining the valley here are just about twice as high. -

Note the similarity to Crawford Notch in NH seen from the top of Mt. Willard. But the "hills" defining the valley here are just about twice as high. -
-Ariel and Johan seated just below the high point of the pass. It was very windy right at the top.-

-As mentioned elsewhere, our campsite on the trek´s last night was in a canyon for protection from the high wind. This is the view of the campsite as we approached from the trail. Yes, it was a rather steep climb down. :) -
2 comments:
Indeed, I spent the day in bed while Lisa, Gary, and Ariel went to see Lake Titicaca and the surrounding isles. There aren't quite as many old episodes of Law and Order on here as there are in the states, but I did mange to watch one. I tried to eat dinner last night, but wasn't too successful. Lisa wrote lots in her journal about the Uros islands and I'm sure will post today. More later after I give breakfast a go... Thanks for posting the pictures Jeremy!
It sounds like high altitude sickness. Too bad you can't get some oxygen that might help. If you were in LA there would be oxygen bars you could go to. Hang in there!
Dad
Post a Comment