Frequently during this process I have thought that there are many people to whom we owe thanks as we prepare to leave on our trip. Each time I sit down I realize that similar to the laundry list stars bring to the Academy Awards, no matter how many people we thank, we'll inevitably we'll leave off someone and begin that awful awkwardness that happens when you offend a friend or agent.
My solution is that this post will be a growing list of thanks. Each time Lisa or I have a spare moment and are thinking of someone to thank, we'll modify this post. Keep looking back to see who's been added to the list. This also means we will be adding people we meet along the trip, as I'm sure we'll find plenty of amazing people along our journey who will earn our friendship and thanks.
Thank you list:
*Our families, particularly Gary, Ariel, and Jeremy
*Fund for Teachers, for the funds that made this trip possible
Alice, for the ASL story dvds
Charlotte, for the HMS dvds and for seeing if her dad has any Peru contacts
Claudia, for the business cards
Jerry, our principal, for signing off on the grant
Rebeca, for translation help
Tom, for the ASL dictionaries (the check is in the mail!)
Note: If you'd like to make a case for why you should be included on the list, feel free to leave a comment!
Monday, July 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey guys, Have a totally awesome trip. Be sure to bring back 2 alpacas for Lisa and one black one and one white one for me. If that can't happen, bring lots of pictures. Sharon
Sharon - Lisa and I are currently working on ways to disguise live alpacas as sweaters so we can sneak them home. Unfortunately so far they insist on moving and saying "mmm" periodically. We'll keep it up, though!
I am so honored to be thanked! Really you two deserve the thanking because of all the planning that you've done to make this what I'm sure will be a memorable trip. I know, from my experience planning our "field trip" to Ecuador a few years ago, planning a South American adventure is not easy! Now, as long as I can survive the pain of these vaccinations that Peru requires (Typhoid and Tetnus are killers!), I'll see you there soon!
Post a Comment