Just a quick post to say that we're off to Peru! Of course it will be more than 12 hours from now before we get there, but this morning starts our journey. We will post as often as possible along the trip and USB connections willing, we'll have lots of pictures for you to see.
See you all soon!
Kate and Lisa
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I post this as you are very likely sitting in the airport waiting to take off. The research has been done, the reservations made, clothes and supplies packed...whew! Now all you have to do is enjoy, and knowing the two of you, you most definitely will! Looking forward to the updates.
Claudia
Indeed, Lisa, Kate, Jeremy and I were standing around at Terminal A saying goodbye as you posted, Claudia.
Their flight took off on time. My flight tracker (it came with your Mac; check out the Dashboard!) says they're enroute and 2 minutes ahead of schedule; should be at the gate in Atlanta before 2 pm. There they switch planes for the flight to Lima.
An update: Lisa just called from Atlanta. Flight there was pleasant; they just had a totally greasy lunch in the terminal; their connecting flight is scheduled to take off at 5:49 EDT and arrive at 10:55 EST. (ie. it's a 7-hour flight, and Lima doesn't do Daylight Savings Time, so they have to set their watches back 1 hour when they land).
Correction: 6 hour flight.
Another Update: Last I heard, they had arrived safely in Lima last night around 1AM Eastern Time (12 Lima time, I think?). I haven't had an update since then but I hope to hear from them today. Missing kate a lot.
Yet another update: I just got a text message from Kate that she and Lisa were having lunch and then they are going to try to get a calling card. Gary, when you have a chance, would you email me so I have your contact info?
Jeremy
Post a Comment