Hola. Lisa here. Just a quick update on our whereabouts and what we´ve been up to since Kate left.
It´s Sunday now and we have just one day left here. After spending Thursday and Thursday night in beautiful, SUNNY & WARM Arequipa, we headed off for an overnight going to the Colca Canyon. I believe Gary and I posted various observations about what we encountered thru Friday evening.
On Saturday morning, we got up very early for a two hour drive on a road that would be unfit for covered wagons, to see the condors flying around C0lca Canyon. They are quite impressive although Gary spent much of time time grumbling about the dusty roads (I had to agree). Ariel thought it was amazing and thought we were just being curmudgeons! I took lots of still pics and Gary had fun using the digital camcorder. They were quite a sight and we will post pics once we get home and get some sleep.
While I did enjoy seeing the birds and the beauty of the canyon, the second deepest in the world, I much preferred watching other events pass us by -- cars having to stop and wait for a herd of cows, donkeys, sheep, goats or alpaca cross the road. We also stopped on our way back to Arequipa for lunch and bumped into another group of foreign Deaf tourists in the restaurant. While we didn´t really have time to chat, we did find out that they were from Spain and were out there on vacation.
I´m going to get some shut-eye so I´ll be wide-eyed and alert for my visit back to the school tomorrow morning. Gary is still wrestling with the other computer here in the room and I´m going to turn this one over to him. I´m not sure if I´ll have time to post again before we leave tomorrow night, but if not, I´ll be back from home and will continue to add pics and more comments from this incredible trip!
Sunday, August 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment