Thursday, August 2, 2007

Arequipa

Lisa here. Our trip to Arequipa was quite breath-taking. I finally got to see my first vicuñas in the wild and they are truly elegant looking. We also went to an Alpaca Museum to learn all about the history and processing of fiber from the four SA camelids. I got to feel my first vicuña swatch and would have paid decent money for it, however could in no way afford a small scarf made of it. We´re off for two days tomorrow morning to Colca Canyon and more vicuña spotting. Will write more when we get back. Thanks for all comments--
Lisa (with G and A) correcting my spelling on a keyboard that feels like someone spilled Elmer's glue on it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to have time finally to read all your entries. Lisa, I loved your history lessons and all the wonderful details about the trip. Now we just need to see the pictures!! Can't wait to see you all in person. What a terrific experience. Love, Carol

Anonymous said...

Hi there everyone! We are here having a nice visit with your parents. Enjoyed your blog - what a great experience!

Talk with you soon.
Love, Lori, Jon, Katie and Jessica

Gary said...

Lori and family:

So great to hear from you! Welcome back to the east coast! Did you use Lisa´s parent´s computer to post that comment? I had become convinced it was incapable of it; if not, I hope you were able to show them how to do it. We´ll be back at this computer for one last check of the blog at about 8 pm EDT today, after dinner but before leaving for the airport to fly home overnight. If there´s anything we might be able to pick up for you at the shops at the Lima airport, let us know. Personally I´m going to get a bit of Peruvian coffee.

- Gary